Saturday, March 31, 2012

Birds, Barns, and Burned Buildings

What you should be listening to: Fastball- The Way (let's go back to the 90s with a great song about randomly wandering, fits this post well I think).


So having one of your best friends also be a fellow photographer is an awesome thing.  In general it's just fun to wander around with another photographer and see how they go about things, but when it's someone you're close to I feel like there's a bit more freedom.  I'm not certain I'd turn the car around in search of a cardinal I think I saw and then proceed to stalk the bird on both sides of the road with someone I just met.  That might just be weird.  But with Ryan it's ok...


We got together a couple Fridays ago and our shooting took us from the L.H. Barkhausen Waterfowl Preserve, through the town of Chase, into Pulaski, all the while capturing some awesome stuff.  Did I mention we managed to pick the coldest day of the weekend?  It was 28 degrees out, the next day was 50...thank you random Wisconsin weather.


This robin was a total poser, yay for signs of spring!


Only in Pulaski would someone paint windows above windows on a building...
Burned down bowling alley.

Nick pointed out that this door may very well be the 'gateway to hell', time to call Ghost Adventures?





That last one makes me want to watch/play Silent Hill :)


Disclaimer lol: I do watch Ghost Adventures for entertainment.  I just think it's hilarious that every episode someone gets possessed or there is a 'gateway to hell'.  And they should all be wearing t-shirts that say "OMG BRO"!

5 comments:

  1. Enjoyed...looks like it was a fun afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup it was definately a good time :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jason and I laugh at every intro when the dude says his name is "Baggins", lol. But seriously... omg, bro. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nick and I laugh at the way he says 'ghosts' in the intro. It just sounds really strange to me like he's saying gahostss.

      Delete