Sunday, April 15, 2012

Close Encounters of the Barkhausen Kind

We heard a ton of this while walking and I think it's amazing: Ruffed Grouse Drumming (turn it up, it's low frequency).

Nick and I visited the Barkhausen Waterfowl Preserve twice last week. If you like a scenic walk through the woods I highly recommend their nature trails.  We walked the (approx.) 4 mile trail, here's some shots from our meandering...




You can't see me...





This was the first time I've seen a crane relatively close, pretty awesome! 



3 comments:

  1. ok, the second turtle shot should be captioned "Eeeeek!"; the look on that turtle's face is both terrifying and awesome, lol. And I loooove the one of the trail; straight out of Robert Frost's head. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "The Road Not Taken". Okay, so there's only ONE road, and it WAS taken, but still. Your picture is almost exactly the road I imagine for the poem.

    ReplyDelete